CAMRA voucher scheme
COMING SOON – 1 JULY 2019
Introducing new CAMRA Voucher Scheme
We’re excited to announce that as of 1 July 2019, we are replacing Wetherspoon vouchers with a new CAMRA owned and operated voucher scheme.
All new and renewing CAMRA members will now receive:
- £30 (60 x 50p) worth of CAMRA Real Ale, Cider and Perry Vouchers
- Redeemable at over 1400 pubs nationwide, including J D Wetherspoon, Stonegate, Brains and Castle Rock managed pubs
- All vouchers will be valid for the length of membership for added flexibility
Find out more and full Terms and Conditions in our handy FAQs section below.
All existing Wetherspoon vouchers are still valid during the next 12 months.
The CAMRA Voucher Scheme is in addition to the Real Ale Discount Scheme where over 3000 pubs offer great discount benefits to membership card-carrying CAMRA members.
Participating pub chains
Click on a question or the + sign on the right-hand side, to view each question and answer:
Why have you introduced a new voucher scheme?
The new CAMRA voucher scheme is owned and operated by CAMRA, and complements the existing Real Ale Discount Scheme (RADS).
CAMRA campaigns to protect pubs, the discount voucher scheme is undertaken with Pub Chains offering the discount via their managed pub estate.
It still includes J D Wetherspoon but now also includes other pub chains including Stonegate Ltd, S.A.Brain & Co Ltd and Castle Rock Brewery.
The Voucher scheme is not closed, and we are able to add additional companies or pubs as the scheme develops.
How many vouchers do I get?
You will receive £30 of vouchers, with your membership card, when you join CAMRA or renew your CAMRA membership.
The vouchers are made up of 60 individual vouchers of 50 pence each.
Do you receive one set of vouchers per member or membership
You receive one set of vouchers per membership.
A Single membership will receive £30 of vouchers.
A Joint membership continues to share one set of £30 vouchers.
When can I use my £30 vouchers?
Each voucher has your membership start and end date printed on it, and must be used in that period. So you can use your vouchers at any time during your annual membership.
Only one voucher is redeemable for each visit to a pub. A membership card must also be presented.
So you have much greater flexibility with the new vouchers, and you can use them at your own convenience.
Where can I use the vouchers?
The vouchers can be used at all participating pubs in the UK.
Currently there are over 880 Wetherspoon Pubs, 100 Brains managed pubs, 18 Castle Rock pubs, and 470 City Taverns, Classic Inns, Common Room, Proper Pubs, Slug and Lettuce, TPK, Venues and Walkabout pubs.
From 1 July, you will be able to search for pubs using a Postcode Search or via WhatPub.com where you can search for Voucher participating pubs by category, with this icon (as well as Real Ale Discount Scheme pubs with this icon ).
A full list of ALL participating pubs will also be made available to download if required.
What are the full Terms & Conditions?
The full Terms and Conditions are as follows:
Terms & Conditions of CAMRA Voucher Scheme:
- Has a date on it showing validity.
- Is valid at participating pubs in the UK.
- Entitles the bearer to 50p towards the cost of a pint of real ale, real cider or real perry (hand-pull and bag in box only). This is subject to respective agreements with Pubs see point 13 below for specific agreements.
- Is valid for CAMRA members only and is non-transferable.
- Photocopies will not be accepted and if produced, the individual producing it may be liable to prosecution for fraud.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other deals offered by the participating pubs
- Only one voucher per pint redemption per visit
- Member must show a valid membership card
- No cash alternative is offered or implied
- Subject to local licensing restrictions and availability at participating pubs.
- CAMRA is not financially liable for redemption of vouchers and no cash refund may be made on these vouchers
- Not redeemable by anyone under the age of 18
- Specific offers that vary from point 3: Stonegate Pubs – 50p towards Real Ale (hand-pull) only. Brains – 50p towards Brains Real Ales (hand-pull) only.
Do discounts apply to all Real Ale, Real Cider, Real Perry regardless of container?
Each and every pub has the right to apply its own specific exclusions. Please refer to the full terms and conditions (above question) for full details.
Where can I get a voucher discount on cider and perry?
Vouchers are currently accepted by JD Wetherspoon and Castle Rock Brewery for a discount on real cider and real perry. However, as more pubs join the scheme, we hope more pubs will offer voucher discounts on cider and perry.
Can a member request replacement vouchers?
We will not be issuing any replacement vouchers.
If a member leaves, will you request vouchers to be returned?
The vouchers need to be presented with a valid membership card. Vouchers are date stamped to match the membership period and therefore cannot be used outside of the membership.
I still have Wetherspoon Vouchers, can I still use them until I renew and receive the new vouchers?
Yes, JD Wetherspoons will continue to accept the JD Wetherspoons vouchers during the 12 months transitional period. Full information on current vouchers can be found here
I've recently renewed, can I swap my vouchers?
Unfortunately, with the introduction of a new scheme, there is a transitional period. Current vouchers are still valid at JD Wetherspoon and you will receive the new vouchers on your next renewal.
How do the new vouchers work for Life Members?
Life members current vouchers are valid until March 2020. We will issue new vouchers to all Life members for 1 April 2020 for a year.
Will other pubs be getting involved?
Still got a question about vouchers?
Any queries regarding vouchers should be directed to the Membership Team at email@example.com or 01727 798440