Contributory pension scheme, 32 days annual leave including statutory days, plus additional Christmas closure days. Healthcare and Staff Reward schemes.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
We are non-party political.
We’re looking to recruit a hardworking assistant to join our Warehouse Team.
CAMRA’s Warehouse Team provides support to around 160 volunteer-run Beer Festivals each year as well as supporting our trading team with the fulfilment of shop orders, publicity materials & gift certificates. This role is crucial in delivering a professional, responsive & reactive service to all our customers.
Our warehouse is based in the Fleetville area of St Albans offering an easy commute from the Home Counties.
1. You’ll be helping to ensure that requests for beer festival equipment & merchandise items are picked, packed & dispatched on time.
2. When festival equipment & orders come back you’ll be involved in basic maintenance including PAT testing & sometime repairs.
3. You’ll need to operate a forklift & a reach truck & there may be times when you’ll carry out deliveries & collections using vans & light commercial vehicles.
4. You’ll also help to ensure our warehouse & all equipment is maintained in good, safe & clean condition at all times & ensuring we are working in a safe & efficient working environment at all times.
5. And you’ll be able to accurately & efficiently process, pack & dispatch orders & returns providing a first class service to our customers throughout the year.
6. You’ll help with our stock monitoring by maintaining & updating stock records & counts in a timely & accurate manner – ensuring that data is accurately fed back to our Finance & Trading Teams.
7. Because of the nature of the work you’ll need to be prepared to work occasional evenings & weekends & any other reasonable duties as required.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Reliable and a great team player who shows initiative & has the ability to self-motivate
• Organised & able to communicate efficiently with good customer service skills & attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure, whilst balancing workloads to ensure deadlines are not missed
• Understanding of the operational processes involved in goods in & goods out
• Experienced in working in a warehouse environment together with being able to use manual handling equipment including forklift trucks & reach trucks
• Physically fit & able carry out appropriate tasks
• Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Health & Safety
• PC literate, Microsoft Word & Excel – with GCSE(s) or equivalent
• Numerate, good written & spoken English
• Possesses a driving licence with experience of driving a van
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your cv to Jill Burder – firstname.lastname@example.org