IT Support Services Assistant
35 days annual leave, generous company pension scheme, training & development opportunities
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
We are non-party political.
You will be bringing your skills and ideas to a small professional team who are dedicated to providing support to our volunteer members and the wider public.
You’ll work alongside both professional and volunteer colleagues to deliver support for head office IT systems, procurement and administration. This includes the management of our service desk, overseeing all requests to ensure their triage and prioritisation, and then tracking through to final resolution.
Hands-on technical support to head-office staff is also a major part of the role, working closely with the DevOps Officer and IT development team as a whole to ensure appropriate escalation and resolution.
You will have a great opportunity to learn and develop your skills and experience in all areas of IT from infrastructure and administration, to development and deployment.
- Provide hands-on 1st and 2nd line support resolving requests or issues directly where feasible, and coordinating additional resources as necessary.
- Manage user accounts, access controls, and authorised client software installation.
- Assist in maintaining infrastructure monitoring and ensuring consistent backup data
- Ensure that all incidents, service and change requests are recorded in the Service-Desk system and properly managed through to resolution, feedback and closure.
- Ensure that all users of the helpdesk receive prompt, courteous and effective service.
- Work closely with other team members and 3rd parties to ensure quick and effective issue resolution.
- Assist in procurement & take a lead on asset/inventory management
- Assist in creating and maintain user-related IT policies, advice and related documentation
Any IT Related Qualification (BSc, MSc, BTEC)
A genuine interest in developing a career within IT & tech – previous experience would be ideal but is not essential!
Broad knowledge and understanding of all aspects of computing and networking, and good troubleshooting skills
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Knowledge of current IT Technologies and basic understanding of IT concepts
Experience of Apple Mac as well as Windows systems would be useful
In-depth experience of Microsoft desktop products, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, MS Office
A technical background, ideally educated to a degree level within a computing discipline
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter to; Gregory Rycroft