Finance and Beer Festival Support Assistant
35 days paid annual leave, generous company pension scheme, training & development opportunities
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
We are non-party political.
You will be bringing your skills and ideas to a small professional team who are dedicated to providing support to our volunteer members and the wider public.
You’ll work alongside both professional and volunteer colleagues to deliver the financial control of key income streams (books, membership subscriptions and product sales) and related stock management and provide general assistance to the Finance & Beer Festival support team.
Processing and financial control of key income streams
- Processing of orders via credit card and cheques
- Resolving sales queries and customer issues
- Day to day processing of sales and stock movement
- Reconciliation of daily shop orders via our website and external payment system
- Record and sense check membership subscriptions received
- Processing of all invoices relating to Beer Festivals and resolving associated queries
- Processing invoices for WB / Beer advertising and resolving associated queries
- Bank remittances from branches and other receipts
- Recording & reconciliation of Trade Sales on a monthly basis
Financial control of stock records
- Maintaining stock records using Sage 50
- Making sure efficient processes in place to manage stock and working with other teams, in particular working with the warehouse to ensure all stock movements are recorded
- Completing and processing quarterly stock takes
- Producing reports to support decisions on stock write-downs, processing write-downs and processing release of obsolete stock to alternative channels (eg Games and Collectables)
Produce analysis and reporting to support decision making
- Develop and produce reports analysing book sales and stocks for publishing staff team and committee to support commercial management of titles
- Monthly reporting of sales to assist month end
- Credit control duties
Dealing with any queries to the finance team both internally and externally
- Educated to A Level with GCSE’s in Maths & English
- Comfortable using Excel
- A strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
- An ability to manage time and workloads in a high volume in the environment
- A desire to take ownership and responsibility of role and to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Passion for community pubs and real ale
- Knowledge of Sage or equivalent accounting systems
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 2nd June 2019