CAMRA Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in working for CAMRA.
The Campaign for Real Ale is an independent, volunteer-led not for profit consumer group with 186,000 members. We are a powerful champion for beer drinkers and pub-goers on issues as diverse as tax on beer, competition in the beer and pub industry and protecting the future of pubs as essential community amenities and part of the British way of life. We have thousands of volunteers within 200 local branches who work tirelessly to further our aims. Our dedicated volunteers run 200 beer festivals every year, including our flagship event, the Great British Beer Festival in London and we publish various leading books about beer and pubs including the market-leading Good Beer Guide.
Closing Date: 30 Sep 2017 - 00:00:00
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire – 18 minutes by train from London, St Pancras
Salary: £16,000 - £17,000 dependant on experience
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme, 32 days annual leave including statutory days, plus additional Christmas closure days. Health and staff reward schemes
Download Job Advert: Download Job Advert Download
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with nearly 190,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
- We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
- CAMRA's decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
- We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
- We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
- We are non-party political.
- To carry out the day to day administrative duties to support the warehouse and distribution function including planning and tracking of orders for equipment in response to orders from branches.
- Provide support to CAMRA branches with storage & logistics requirements as appropriate.
- Act as the main point of contact for logistics and equipment enquiries from branches, regions and head quarters, ensuring that central activities are coordinated in a timely and appropriate way.
- Liaise with, and provide a good service to CAMRA regions and branches regarding
orders for beer festival equipment, including prioritising allocation of orders, planning and recording movements, communicating pick lists to warehouse operatives and maintaining equipment records.
- Place and coordinate purchase orders on nominated suppliers for warehouse and logistics operations including consumables, maintenance, replacement stock, supply of services etc.
- Provide administrative support of order processing and co-ordination of work for associates working with the warehouse operations around publishing, merchandise and publicity materials (intake, storage and despatch to fulfil orders).
- Maximise the use of warehouse facilities for the distribution of inventory.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Where possible assist with the duties of other warehouse operatives during high demand.
- Experience of warehouse processes & administration.
- People co-ordination – ability to communicate with and direct an efficient team.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Numerate, written and spoken English with medium IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point etc).
- Forklift Licence.
- Understanding of Health and Safety Training.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please submit to email@example.com:
- An up to date CV accompanied by a brief covering letter illustrating how you meet the requirements laid out in the Role Profile.
- The Equal Opportunities form, which can be accessed at http://www.camra.org.uk/equal-opportunities-policy should also be completed and returned.
Closing Date for Applications: 30 September 2017Interviews will be held in the first fortnight in October