Digital Communications Manager
Closing Date: 14 Dec 2018
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire – 18 minutes by train from London, St Pancras
Salary: c. £30,000
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme. 32 days annual leave incl. statutory days. Additional Christmas closure days. Health and Staff Award schemes.
Download Job Advert: Download Job Advert Download
CAMRA is a not-for-profit campaigning consumer group with more than 192,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer- led organisation, with an enthusiastic and committed staff team of around 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans, where this role will be based.
• We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
• CAMRA's decision making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
• We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
• We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
• We are non-party political.
To manage and develop CAMRA's digital channels, build engagement and audience and deliver effectively key CAMRA brand, campaigning, and commercial messages. Support the Senior Communications Manager to deliver digital aspects of communication strategy and plans.
- Project manage development of existing national websites and new website assets
- Manage content generation and distribution across appropriate digital channels
- Responsible for ensuring digital content is regularly reviewed, maintained and refreshed across all our digital channels and is consistent with brand guidelines and messaging
- Ensure digital content is accurate, engaging and effective
- Support CAMRA divisions in delivering objectives via digital channels
- Manage social media channels, including managing interaction with audiences
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of digital channels
- Develop and deliver digital aspects of communication strategy and plans
- Manage reputation across digital channels
- Develop and manage plans to embed digital best practice across Campaign
- Demonstrable experience in a digital communications role, including evidence of achieving objectives
- Proven ability to write and edit engaging and accurate copy for different audiences across different digital channels
- Good understanding of popular CMS and social media management tools
- Good understanding of and eye for effective web design, development and deployment
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge of the pub and beer sector
- Experience of training and mentoring
- Understanding and experience in SEO
- Experience of video and audio package production
How to apply:
To apply, ensure you check the full job profile and send a covering letter and CV to Chief Campaigns and Communications Officer email@example.com
Deadline for application is 14 December, 2018. Interviews will be conducted January 8/9, 2019. The interview may involve a skills test. If you'd like any further information about applying for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org