Closing Date: 03 Nov 2018
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire – 18 minutes by train from London, St Pancras
Salary: £31,500+ depending on experience
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme, 32 days annual leave incl. statutory days. Additional Christmas closure days. Health and staff reward schemes.
Download Job Advert: Download Job Advert Download
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 190,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
- We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
- CAMRA's decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
- We are a not-for-profit company and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
- We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
- We are non-party political.
To manage and deliver the public affairs activity aimed at influencing elected representatives in the devolved administrations and the EU. To manage and deliver campaign activity seeking to engage CAMRA members and the wider public in our efforts to secure policy change to support well run pubs and real ale breweries.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate campaigning activity in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Represent CAMRA in meetings with Government Officials, politicians and industry representatives
- Support the activities and administration of the Welsh Assembly and Scottish Parliament Cross Party Groups on Beer and Pubs including the organisation of meetings, inquiries and events
- Delivery of Parliamentary events in Europe, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Work with the Senior Campaigns Manager to manage and co-ordinate the provision of secretariat support to the European Beer Consumers Union
- Lead on using the Engaging Networks e-campaigning software and Create/Send to maximise the number people taking part in online campaign actions
- Developing and supporting local campaigns run by local CAMRA branches and community groups
- Producing campaigning copy in support of our campaigning activities
- Manage and run large campaign events
- Demonstrable interest in campaigning
- Experience of leading or being part of a successful campaign
- Experience of organising events
- Aptitude for producing online and offline communications, campaigning material and briefings
- Aptitude for e-campaigning activity
- Highly articulate with excellent literacy skills
- A minimum of two years paid experience of working in a role involving substantial campaigning or lobbying activity
- Degree level education
- Experience with website content management systems
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experienced researcher
- Passion for community pubs and real ale
How to apply:
To apply for this role please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up to date CV accompanied by a brief covering letter illustrating how you meet the requirements laid out in the Role Profile
- The Equal Opportunities form, which can be accessed on the CAMRA wesbite http://www.camra.org.uk/ should also be completed and returned.
Closing Date for Applications: 3rd November 2018