Closing Date: 25 Jan 2019
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire – 18 minutes by train from London, St Pancras
Salary: £17,000 per annum
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme, 32 days annual leave incl. statutory days. Additional Christmas closure days. Health and Staff Reward schemes.
Download Job Advert: Download Job Advert Download
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 190,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
- We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
- CAMRA's decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
- We are a not-for-profit company and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
- We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
- We are non-party political.
To gain experience and contribute to a small and busy team within a successful campaigning organisation. Your primary role will be to support CAMRA's campaigning activity through providing support to events, research projects and our network of CAMRA Branches. CAMRA is seeking someone who is practical, creative, hard working and organised.
- Assist with the administration of organising high profile CAMRA events such as Receptions in Westminster and the devolved Parliaments
- Undertake parliamentary monitoring
- Support effective engagement with Parliamentarians including communicating with Parliamentarians to secure attendance at meetings and events
- Develop content on CAMRA's website, including writing and uploading news items communicating our campaigns
- Support CAMRA branch campaigning
- Support CAMRA's Policy & Research Officer with conducting research projects, including an audit of local Council planning policies
- Collate data to help evaluate and improve campaigning effectiveness
- Handle queries from CAMRA members and the wider public
- Carry out routine office administration
- Act as a general campaigns assistant when required
- Educated to degree level
- Keen and demonstrable interest in campaigning
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Some evidence of organising events
- Strong attention to detail in all areas of work
- Willing to show initiative
- A good team player
- Dedicated and hard-working
- Professional and well-presented
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, which can be adapted for both formal and campaigns communications
- Good all-round grasp of computer skills including Microsoft Office, social media, and basic ability to use Content Management Systems
- An interest in pubs and real ale
- Experience of working or volunteering in a campaigning environment
Notes:This role will require regular attendance at meetings and out of hours events in the evenings and occasionally at weekends for which there will be time off in lieu given.
How to apply:
Please submit to: email@example.com
- An up to date CV accompanied by a brief covering letter illustrating how you meet the requirements laid out in the Role Profile
- The Equal Opportunities form, which can be accessed at http://www.camra.org.uk/equal-opportunities-policy should also be completed and returned.
Closing Date for Applications: 25th January 2019
Please note that if you have not heard from us by 8th February 2019, you may assume that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.