Volunteer with CAMRA
"Fantastic friendships and CAMRA camaraderie"
Just two of the reasons Richard volunteers. What will be yours?
Whatever your interests, experience or time available, there's something for everyone with CAMRA. Maybe you heard about CAMRA at a beer festival – but did you know without our wonderful volunteers, CAMRA Beer Festivals just could not happen!
But it's not just festivals where your support is needed. CAMRA's 200+ local branches are groups of friendly, local members taking on specific roles to support campaigns and run events. And it doesn't have to take a lot of time - there are opportunities to fit around your work and other leisure pursuits.
Not a member? Join here – and find out that CAMRA is more than just promoting great beer.
· It's very sociable - you'll meet others who share your interest in all things beer (or cider/perry!)
· CAMRA offers a range of training for volunteers - including Emergency First Aid, Food Hygiene, Stewarding and Health & Safety
· You'll gain skills to enhance your CV
· CAMRA volunteers are a wonderful mix of people, of all ages, from all walks of life
"As I'm self employed, I don't have work colleagues, CAMRA's given me the opportunity to meet like-minded but diverse people, in the same way as work. I help at the York Beer Festival and attend local Branch meetings - the camaraderie at the festival is fantastic, as is the beer!"
What could you do?
· Survey local pubs for the Good Beer Guide
· Pull pints at your local beer festival
· Distribute CAMRA material to local pubs
· Campaign to save pubs – and more!
To get involved contact your local Branch or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are lots of ways you can get involved with CAMRA, including working at one of our many beer festivals across the UK, or even our flagship event the Great British Beer Festival in London.
Here are a few testimonials from CAMRA members who volunteer throughout the year in different positions at CAMRA festivals.